At Sunsail we provide the very best sailing holidays, giving customers amazing experiences on the water. From complete
beginners to experienced sailors we have something to suit everybody, from courses at our sailing schools to flotilla charters.
Our first-class fleet of yachts, dozens of destinations and talented and experienced staff keep our customers coming back
year after year.
Our flotilla holidays provide the perfect balance between sociable sailing and unobtrusive support. Working within our flotilla
team really allows you to be part of our customer’s holiday; you will ensure the successful running of an exciting and organised
itinerary exploring beautiful and exciting destinations. From daily briefings to punch parties and regattas; flotillas really bring
new friends together.
Sunsail are currently recruiting flotilla technicians to work in the Mediterranean for the upcoming summer. Our
roles are based in Greece and Croatia and could be based on a one-week or two-week flotilla route. Full and high
season roles are available and following successful summer placements; winter opportunities may be available.
Main duties will centre around the yachts, the base and ports of call. Working hours vary and you MUST be flexible
to operational requirements. You may at times be required to assist with other flotillas or base duties. At the
beginning and end of the season you may be expected to carry out fleet re-fit/lay-up. During these periods the
yachts are prepared for the upcoming season or put away for winter. This will include painting, cleaning, repairs
and anything else required.
What you will be doing
• Ensuring the safety of all clients throughout the flotilla
• Greeting clients and assisting with boarding; followed by detailed on-board briefs covering safety and yacht
• Proactive and preventative daily maintenance, checks and repairs
• Engine servicing such as oil and filter checks/changes
• Maintenance of outboards for tenders
• Emergency call outs for breakdowns on any of the fleet
• Completing turnaround service checks, repairs and yacht preparation
• Efficient stock control of necessary spare parts stored on the lead yacht
• Assisting the flotilla skipper with the safe mooring of yachts
• Assisting with the general running of the flotilla including any client queries or problems
• Socialising with guests
• Assisting with the organisation of social events including group meals, BBQ’s and Punch Parties
• Cleanliness & good presentation of lead boat at all times
• Any other duties as directed by the Base Manager
What we are looking for
• Experience maintaining diesel engines and 2 & 4 stroke outboards
• Working knowledge of 12V DC electrical systems and marine plumbing systems
• Practically minded with an ability to solve problems
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Experience in a customer focused environment
• Sociable and positive personality
• A strong team player
• Yacht sailing experience is desirable